Gluten Free Cashew Cheese Pizza
Write a review
- 3 cups (440 g) gluten free flour blend (1 cup (160 g) white rice flour + 1 cup (160 g) brown rice flour + 1 cup (120 g) tapioca flour + 3/4 tsp xanthan gum)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp (10 g) yeast
- 1 1/4 cup (300 ml) warm water, divided
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- cashew cheese
- marinara sauce
- desired toppings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C).
- In a small bowl, combine yeast and 3/4 cup (180 ml) warm water - about 110 degrees F (43 C). Too hot and it will kill the yeast! Let set for 5 minutes to activate.
- In a separate bowl, combine gluten free flour blend, salt, baking powder. Whisk until well combined.
- Make a well in the dry mixture and add the yeast mixture. Add the olive oil and additional 1/2 cup (120 ml) warm water before stirring. Then stir it all together until well combined, using a wooden spoon (see photo).
- Lightly coat a baking sheet or pizza stone with non-stick spray and plop your dough down. Using your hands and a little brown rice flour if it gets too sticky, work from the middle and push to spread/flatten the dough out to the edge (see pictures). You want it to be pretty thin - less than 1/4 inch.
- Put the pizza in the oven to pre-bake for roughly 25-30 minutes, or until it begins to look dry. Cracks may appear, but that's normal and totally OK.
- Remove from oven and spread generously with your Marinara sauce, cashew cheese and desired toppings. Pop back in oven for another 20-25 minutes, or until the crust edge looks golden brown and the toppings are warm and bubbly.
- Cut immediately and serve.
Healthy Zen http://healthyzen.com/