Write a review
- Sun-dried Tomato Hummus Recipe
- 1 lb cooked organic chickpeas
- 1/2 cup organic sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves of organic garlic
- 1 tablespoon organic sesame seeds, very lightly toasted
- 1/2-3/4 tablespoon organic lemon juice, to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- Immerse sun-dried tomatoes in boiling water until softened, and chop the tomatoes in smaller pieces. Drain the chickpeas, and in a food processor combine all ingredients for hummus, except for the oil. Process until smooth while adding the 1/4 cup of oil in steady stream. Add sea salt to taste.
- Hummus can be enjoyed with a number of different foods, like fresh vegetable slices. For something a little different, try it on olive bread with sprouts and tomatoes like we did in this hummus sampler pictured above.
Healthy Zen http://healthyzen.com/