Sun Dried Tomato Basil Hummus
Write a review
- 1 (15 oz) can chick peas, drained
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, strained, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp packed fresh basil ribs, plus more finely chopped for garnish
- Add chick peas to a food processor along with sun dried tomatoes, 2 Tbsp olive oil, and lemon juice. Pulse for 1 minute then scrape down sides and bottom of jar and pulse one minute longer. Continue to pulse 2 - 3 minutes longer, stopping and scraping down sides and bottom of processor once halfway through (add in more liquid to thin if desired). Add basil and pulse until just minced into hummus.
- If desired serve topped with more olive oil, additional fresh basil and finely chopped sun dried tomatoes. Serve with fresh veggies.
Healthy Zen http://healthyzen.com/