CARROT-TOP PESTO SAUCE
Write a review
- 4 oz. trimmed carrot tops (1 o 2 bunches). Cut off big stems.
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup (1 oz) walnuts
- 1 oz fresh basil leaves, chopped (1/2 cup)
- ½ oz fresh mint leaves, chopped (1/2 cup), plus more to taste
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup extra-virgin oil, plus more to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Pull off the fronds of the carrot tops off the stems and discard the stems.
- Wash and dry the greens.
- Pulse the garlic and walnuts briefly in a food processor.
- Then add the various greens and sea salt.
- Pulse again, scraping down sides of the container as needed. Pulse until the greens are finely chopped.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice and process until pesto is smooth.
- * If you do not have basil; try parsley or cilantro and few fennel greens instead.
- By Edible Santa Barbara
Healthy Zen http://healthyzen.com/