Vegan Almond Pulp Chewy Bars
Write a review
- •1 cup almond pulp (from making one batch of almond milk)
- •2 cups arrowroot flour
- •1 tsp baking powder
- •pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- •1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- •1/2 cup organic applesauce
- •2 flax eggs (2 tbsp. flax, 6 tbsp. water)
- •1 tsp vanilla
- •1 cup blanched almonds (or pecans)
- •1/2 cup raisins
- Mix together the flaxseed and water and set aside (as egg substitute).
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with wax paper. While the oven is heating, place the almonds in the oven for about 8 minutes to toast lightly (this step is optional). Don't forget to take them out!
- Mix together the arrowroot flour, baking powder, salt and sugar, then set aside. In another bowl, combine the applesauce, flaxseed mix, and vanilla. Pour this into the dry mixture along with the almond pulp, toasted almonds and raisins then mix all together well.
- Split into two and shape into mounds on your baking sheet. Bake for 35 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool 5-10 minutes before slicing into 2 cm wide slices.
- Return the slices to the baking sheet, sliced side down, and bake another 10 minutes. Take out, flip over, and bake a final 10 minutes on the other side. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Healthy Zen http://healthyzen.com/