Red Quinoa Tabouli Salad
Write a review
- 1 Cup Sprouted Red Quinoa
- 1 1/2 to 2 Cups Minced Parsley
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- 2 Cups Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Cold-Pressed Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Rinse the quinoa under cool water, then combine with 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a rapid simmer, then turn down the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until the quinoa is fluffy and chewy, about 20 minutes.
- Stir the onions, tomatoes, parsley, mint, and garlic into the warm quinoa.
- Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour this over the salad and stir to combine.
- Serve room temperature or cold.
- This salad is even better the next day, once the flavors have had a chance to mingle.
Healthy Zen http://healthyzen.com/